Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
The Staff Accountant prepares, analyzes, and reviews financial statements and activities using accounting principles and assists with budget and close processes, conducts internal audits, and ensures proper documentation to track accounts payable.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Administrative responsibilities for invoice coding and reconciliation
- Enter payroll change requests to keep up with staffing changes
- Accounting functions associated with assistance of completing routine general journal entries and month end AP accruals
- Assist with Budgeting, Forecasting, and Financial Analysis
- Support Division Controller, Assistant Division Controllers, and Operations Management with various projects
- Some travel between sites in the Capital Market Area encouraged
Education, Experience & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 2+ years of accounting work experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, with strong Excel background
- Resourceful, self-motivated, with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and strong organizational skills
- Positive, team oriented attitude.
- Strong work ethic and self-sufficient.
- Open to personal and professional training and development.
We offer excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and a 401(k) Plan.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.